Hackers put details 617 million accounts of 16 websites and on Dark Web for sale. The list includes some popular websites too e.g. Dubsmash, MyFitnessPal, and ShareThis. The details put on sale on the dark web include email addresses, usernames, and passwords.
The Register reports that other details which have also been shared other than the mentioned above include location data, personal information and authentication details. No financial information has been shared by the hackers such as credit card details or online banking passwords details on the dark web. Moreover, the passwords available for sale are in encrypted form, the buyer must have to decrypt passwords before using it.
Here is the list of the affected websites shared on dark web
- Dubsmash (162 million accounts)
- MyFitnessPal (151 million accounts)
- ShareThis (41 million accounts)
- Animoto (25 million accounts)
- MyHeritage (92 million accounts)
- 500px (15 million accounts)
- Artsy (1 million accounts)
- Armor Games (11 million accounts)
- BookMate (8 million accounts)
- Whitepages (18 million accounts)
- EyeEm (22 million accounts)
- 8fit (20 million accounts)
- HauteLook (28 million accounts)
- Fotolog (16 million accounts)
Some of the websites like MyHeritage, MyFitness, and Animoto were aware of this breach and informed their users about the data breaches. The other breaches on some websites are new and haven’t been reported before.
EyeEm and 500px have informed about the breach to their users and asked them to change their passwords.
500px write this in a blog post that
As a precaution, we are requiring all users to reset their 500px account passwords. A notification email will provide instructions to affected data subjects on how to reset their passwords.
EyeEm wrote that
As a precaution, we have nonetheless disabled your old password. Please go to EyeEm and request a password reset.
I also suggest you if you’re the user of any of the above-mentioned websites kindly change your credentials details because your details could be at Dark Web
Get real time update about this post categories directly on your device, subscribe now.