So here comes a successor to iOS 15, iOS 16! Many have a question in mind should I update to iOS 16?
In smartphones, iOS is regarded as the most stable user interface. There were problems with the iOS 15 update last year. Even after multiple beta tests, users reported significant major flaws and glitches in the iOS 15 release.
None of the users expected such a large number of problems with iOS 15, and the number of bugs and a long list of issues with iOS 15 was enough to ruin the user’s experience.
This year, the successor to iOS 15, iOS 16, will be released. So, following the release of the next-generation iOS, you might also be asking yourself if I should update to iOS 16.
We will also face problems, bugs, and issues with next-generation iOS. This article has listed some of the most common iOS 16 issues you may encounter after the release.
Also, check here how to install the iOS 16 public beta.
Please read the post to the end to learn more about it.
What's Covered Below?
- Fix iOS 16 Quick Battery Drain Problem
- Fix Unlock iPhone using Apple Watch not working issue on iOS 16
- Fix the iOS 16 App crashing issue
- Fix iOS 16 Wi-Fi not working
- Fix iOS 16 Personal Hotspot not working
- Fix iOS 16 Touchscreen Unresponsiveness
- Overheating issue in iOS 16
- Bluetooth Not Working in iOS 16
- Unexpected Sluggishness
- iPhone stuck in recovery mode after iOS 16 update
- iOS 16 update won’t install
- iOS 16 updates taking forever
- iOS 16 charging issues
- iOS 16 Facetime problems
- CarPlay not working after iOS 16 Update
- iOS 16 problems: Fixed!
Fix iOS 16 Quick Battery Drain Problem
Are you experiencing rapid battery drain after updating iOS 16, which is the successor to iOS 15? If you’re experiencing a quick battery drain on your iPhone, here’s how you can try to resolve the problem.
This could also be the result of a software bug. If the previously mentioned method does not work for you, you should wait until Apple releases the next software version.
To try to solve this iOS 16 issue, Go to Settings >> General >> Background App Refresh and turn it off. Return to Settings >> Privacy >> Location Services after that. If you don’t think location services are useful for you, you can disable them.
In addition, update all applications to ensure they are compatible with the most recent software version. If the problem persists, you should rather wait for a future update.
Fix Unlock iPhone using Apple Watch not working issue on iOS 16
Suppose you have an Apple Watch and have enabled the feature that allows you to unlock your iPhone using your Apple Watch. If you enabled this feature and it occasionally stops working, we have a solution for you.
You can try the methods listed below to resolve this iOS 16 problem. The company has already addressed the issue, making the fix available to users.
So, update your Apple Watch and iPhone to the most recent version available, or if no new version is available, wait a few days to download the update. Go to Settings >> General >> Software update to check for it.
Fix the iOS 16 App crashing issue
After updating to the latest iOS 16, another iOS 16 issue you may experience is the app crash issue. To fix iOS 16 problems, try to update all applications to the most recent version available.
The problem could be caused by a conflict between the system software and the application. Is the problem still present after updating your applications to the most recent version? Then, remove the app from the system and reinstall it from the Apple Store. This may fix iOS 16 issues.
Fix iOS 16 Wi-Fi not working
If your iPhone’s Wi-Fi stops working after updating to the iOS 16 Mobile Operating System, try the following steps to fix iOS 16 bugs:
- Check back later after turning the Wi-Fi on and off several times.
- I forgot about the Wi-Fi network and had to reconnect from scratch.
- Navigate to Settings >> General >> Transfer or Reset iPhone >> Reset >> Finish. Reset Network Settings, and it will be reset.
- Check to see if the problem has been resolved for you.
Also, check here how to edit messages on iOS 16.
Fix iOS 16 Personal Hotspot not working
You may experience a personal Hotspot not working issue on your iPhone, similar to the Wi-Fi not working issue. Here, to fix the iOS 16 issue, use the methods listed below to determine whether or not the problem has been resolved for you.
- To turn on/off Mobile data/ Cellular data: Open Settings >> Mobile/ Cellular and turn off/ on the toggle.
- Open Settings >> General >> About to see if any update is available or not.
- Reset network settings: Open Settings >> General >> Transfer or Reset iPhone >> Reset >> Reset Network Setting.
Fix iOS 16 Touchscreen Unresponsiveness
The unresponsiveness of the touchscreen is one of the most vexing issues in the smartphone world. If you encounter the same problem on your iPhone while upgrading to next-generation iOS, you will need to Force Restart it.
The methods for Force Restarting an iPhone vary depending on the model. To force restart your iPhone, use the form appropriate for your device.
You will need to reset your iPhone if the problem persists after the force restart. Go to Settings >> General >> Transfer or Reset iPhone >>Erase All Content and Settings to reset your iPhone.
Also, check how to turn on developer mode on iOS 16 for Altstore Apps.
Overheating issue in iOS 16
It’s normal for your iPhone to get a little hot while running the iOS 16 beta. If you’re the iPhone overheats after updating to the iOS 16 mobile operating system, the old CPU performs many calculations for the new iOS.
However, this is not a good sign if it becomes so hot that you can barely touch it.
Overheating can permanently damage your iPhone’s battery, so you should take it seriously if it gets hot while you’re using it.
In the event of an iPhone overheating, we recommend the following steps to fix the iOS 16 issues:
- Ensure the heavy case surrounding your iPhone isn’t the source of the overheating. Remove the case from your iPhone and use it for a day or so to test it.
- Examine your iPhone for app crashes. Certain apps that crash in the background on your iPhone may be causing it to overheat. To find out, navigate to Settings > Privacy > Analytics > Analytics Data. Is an app frequently crashing? Delete the app and try again. Alternatively, you can uninstall the app and reinstall it.
- Update any iPhone apps that require it. Some applications do not automatically update. Outdated apps with bugs can drain your iPhone’s battery and cause it to overheat.
- Look for apps that are consuming all of your iPhone’s battery and draining its CPU. Go to Settings > Battery and look through the list of apps. Is there an app that consumes much of your battery or drains it quickly? It’s time to get rid of it and replace it.
- Ensure that your iPhone is up to date by installing any new updates. An outdated iPhone can result in an overloaded CPU, which leads to overheating. It is critical to update your iPhone when a new update is released.
- Check the network connection on your iPhone. A lousy network connection can sometimes cause your iPhone to go overdrive while looking for a signal. This can occur in areas where service is poor or when Wi-Fi is not detected.
- Experiment with changing the brightness of your iPhone’s screen. Having your iPhone’s brightness set to maximum can cause it to overheat while in use. Open the iOS control center and use the brightness slider to reduce the brightness.
- Try disabling background app refresh. Background app refresh enables your apps to search for new information constantly. When your apps refresh simultaneously, they can tax your iPhone’s CPU. To disable it, navigate to Settings > General > Background App Refresh > Background App Refresh > Off.
Bluetooth Not Working in iOS 16
For some iOS 16 users, the iPhone either refuses to connect to Bluetooth devices or disconnects from them at random. For those unfamiliar, this is a recurring problem that has appeared on almost every version of iOS.
So I’m not surprised that it’s now a focal point in iOS 16. Fortunately, the solutions listed below have almost always worked for me, and I hope they can assist you in resolving your iOS 16 connectivity issue.
- Turn Off/On Bluetooth: Head to Settings -> Bluetooth and turn off/ on the toggle.
- To disconnect and reconnect the Bluetooth device, go to Settings and select Bluetooth. Locate the machine that’s giving you trouble, then click the small I icon with a circle around it. Select Forget this Device, and then reconnect to Bluetooth from the beginning.
- Reset Network Configuration: To begin, go to Settings, then General, Reset, and Reset Network Settings. When this process is finished, you must reconnect to your Wi-Fi.
See here how to Fix the developer mode required for Altstore apps.
Finally, unexpected sluggishness has become a major issue for some iOS 16 users, but we have some simple solutions.
When your iPhone slows down, and you see iOS 16 problems following the update, it slows down your workflow and invites other significant issues such as overheating and battery drain.
So, the sooner you solve this problem, the better. I recommend that you try four tried-and-true solutions to this problem.
- All Apps Should Be Updated: Go to the App Store and select your profile. Then, update all of the apps on your iOS device.
- Reset All Options: To reset all settings, go to Settings -> General -> Transfer or Reset iPhone/iPad -> Reset -> Reset All Settings.
- Software Update: Go to Settings -> General -> Software Update and install the latest update if one is available.
- Clear out Your Device: If none of those above fixes have helped speed up your iPhone, it’s time to clean up the iOS 16 devices. The best way to proceed with this radical move is to check the storage consumption in Settings -> General -> iPhone Storage. Locate and delete the apps that are consuming your storage space.
iPhone stuck in recovery mode after iOS 16 update
During an iOS system update, it’s not uncommon for your iPhone to be stuck in recovery mode with the iTunes logo, and iOS 16 is no exception.
The iPhone will enter recovery mode when the iOS 16 update fails to scan for errors. But what should you do if the device isn’t working?
iOS 16 update won’t install
After downloading the iOS 16 update, it fails to install correctly. Instead, you may encounter iOS 16 bugs and update issues such as “Unable to install iOS 16, an error occurred while installing iOS 16,” or the iOS 16 update may be stuck. Verifying or updating the requested message.
iOS 16 updates taking forever
The iOS 16 update may take too long sometimes, or the progress bar may become stuck, especially if you update your iPhone over the air. What can you do to resolve the iOS 16 update problem?
- Check your internet connection first. Turn off any VPNs and connect to a different Wi-Fi network. Restart your Wi-Fi router as well.
- Restart your iPhone to clear any system glitches that may have caused the iOS 16 update to fail.
- Examine the Apple Server. If you are one of the many users who try to update their devices as soon as iOS 16 is available, the Apple server may be overwhelmed by the traffic volume.
- Be patient and give it time. The iOS 16 update is approximately 5GB in size and will take some time to download.
iOS 16 charging issues
Following the iOS 16 update, the iPhone charges very wholly and slowly stalls at around x percent, the iPhone will not charge when connected to a computer, and the fast charge feature will not work. How to solve iPhone charging issues after iOS 16 Upgrade.
- Turn off Optimized Battery Charging. Disable Optimized Battery Charging by going to Settings > Battery > Battery Health. Then, fully charge your iPhone and re-enable the feature.
- Inspect the hardware for damage, including the charging cable, USB adapter, charging port, wall outlet, and AC power cable.
- If the iPhone stops charging 80% and the device starts heating, the software limits charging above 80% to protect the battery. When the temperature drops, try setting.
iOS 16 Facetime problems
The video is also of poor quality. There are no beeps or connections when they make FaceTime calls. The iOS 16 FaceTime issues are incredibly irritating. What are your options?
- Check that the Wi-Fi network or mobile data connection is operational.
- Turn off LTE data on your iPhone by going to Settings > Cellular Data (if it’s turned off) > Cellular data option > turn off LTE.
- Double-check your FaceTime settings: go to Settings > Cellular > scroll down and make sure FaceTime is turned on.
- After updating iOS 16, go to Settings > Next > Accessibility and select the Audio/Visual option if you have garbled audio on FaceTime calls. Change the left/right speaker audio balance under the Balance section. Let’s hope you will be able to fix iOS 16 bugs.
CarPlay not working after iOS 16 Update
Many users have reported that their CarPlay no longer works after updating iOS 16. “I can play music but cannot access the CarPlay app screen, there is no audio coming from the speakers, and the entire car onboard system has frozen.” How do I resolve iOS 16 CarPlay issues?
- Wait for a new update, which may include a fix for the iOS 16 upgrade issue.
- Make sure CarPlay is not restricted after upgrading to iOS 16 on your iPhone: Check the Allowed Apps list in Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions > CarPlay.
- If the CarPlay audio is not working on iOS 16, disable Equalizer by going to Settings > Music > tapping EQ and selecting Off.
- Enable Dolby Atmos. When iOS 16 CarPlay music/calls aren’t working, try setting Dolby Atmos to Auto: Navigate to Settings > Music > Dolby Atmos and select Off or Automatic.
iOS 16 problems: Fixed!
During the beta testing phase, it is common to encounter unexpected issues. There are likely more iOS 16 issues than the ones listed above, but these are the ones that have received the most attention.
It’s worth keeping an eye on Apple’s official iOS 16 updates page because the company will list bug fixes and new features added to the iOS mobile operating system.
If you have an iOS 16 problem that we haven’t covered in this article, please share it with us in the comments section; maybe we can help you.