PDF, the portable document format, is one of the most widely utilized file types around. Smartphone or computer users mostly share text or photo documents using this basic tool. Moreover, PDF documents do not need any specific software to open such as a Word file that needs Microsoft Word to open, view and edit. The majority of browsers are capable of opening a PDF.
A PDF is extremely beneficial when you share files with colleagues, family, and friends, specifically when you don’t know about the software they are currently utilizing in their smartphone or computer because PDFs have a universal size. Moreover, PDF files also ensure that your format does not change no matter what type of device is getting access to your file.
Another advantage of PDF files is that if you have to send several files rather than sending several attachments in an email, you will combine and arrange several PDF files into one file and send them as a single attachment.
The Preview app that comes with the Mac computers allows Mac users to do this. On the other hand, PC users will need to do it online or on PC. However, most of this software is free and convenient to use.
Here in this article, we are going to tell you how you can combine PDF files.
How To Combine PDF Files on Online
Follow the following steps to combine files with merge PDFs:
- First, open the pdf unlimited website, there you need to drag and drop your documents into the application and click on “Choose files” to choose PDFs from your device.
- Then to add further PDF documents, click on “Add files.”
- To remove all the uploaded files from the application, click on “Start from Scratch.”
- Then in the editing section, it will show you small previews of your PDFs. You can change the files’ order by clicking on your desired file and dragging it with the cursor to the desired location.
- However, if you intend to remove one file, you will have to click on the “X” after moving your cursor over it.
- After arranging your files according to your requirements, click on “Merge PDF” to initiate the merging process. After the process is completed, the downloading process is going to either start automatically, or you will have to select the folder where you intend to save your new PDF file.
How To Merge PDF files on Mac
To combine PDFs, Mac computers have an uncomplicated and intuitive software known as Preview. Open a new window and search for Preview in case you can’t find it in your dock.
- First of all, open Preview.
- Then you will need to open one of the PDFs you intend to combine. In this article, we are going to combine two files.
- Click on “View” in your PDF file. Afterward, click “View” in the Preview taskbar at the top. Vivian McCall/Insider
- Next, click on “Thumbnail” in order to display the thumbnail in the sidebar.
- Then you will need to drag the PDF file from your desktop into the Preview app. This is going to combine your two documents into a single PDF file.
- Drag and drop the second file into the existing one, and you will see its thumbnail on the left side. Vivian McCall/Insider
- However, you can change the order of the files in front, between existing pages, and behind according to your requirements. Next, drag the thumbnail to reorganize them.