Back in 2018, the California-based Cupertino tech giant obtained Shazam for $400 million. Now for those who are not aware, it is an application that would allow users to recognize songs that were being played around with just one tap. Presently, Apple incorporated the functionalities into its iPhones, which let the users use Shazam on iPhone. This will make the uses able to identify songs that are being played around with just a tap.
Here in this article, we will tell you how to use Shazam on iPhone and how to update your iPhone to iOS 14.2 as only iPhone users with iOS 14.2 or above will be able to get this new feature.
However, if you still have not updated your iPhone, you can open the Settings and go to the ‘General’ tab. Afterward, you will have to tap on the ‘Software Update’ option. And if an update appears, you can tap on install after downloading it.
These are the following steps you will need to follow to add the ‘Music Recognition’ feature to the Control Centre of your device once you have updated your iPhone. After doing this, you will recognize a song playing in the background with just a tap.
- First of all, go to the iPhone Settings.
- Then go to the Control Centre tab.
- Tap on the ‘More’ option after scrolling down
- Tap on the ‘+’ icon placed alongside the ‘Music Recognition’ option
- The Music Recognition feature will promptly be attached to the Control Centre of your device.
- Afterward, you will be able to slide down the Control Centre effortlessly. And tap on the Music Recognition option while listening to a song to assist you in identifying the song.
As opposed to Shazam, that could assist you in identifying the song you were listening to in the background. The Music Recognition feature of Apple allows users to identify music from a playlist they listen to on their handset too.