Instagram introduced the DM feature in web version. The users can now send and receive Direct Messages (DMs) through the desktop client. However, in the beginning, the company enabled users to send DMs through the Instagram mobile app on Android and iOS.
To remember, Instagram had previously affirmed that it had been trialing access to DMs on its desktop interface from January. But, a limited number of users can access this feature at this time.
We endeavored on this feature and trying every tested profile has accessibility to this. However, Twitter users still don’t have to access this feature. The company keeps its rolling up process slow to avoid any bugs as a result of immense rollout.
The feature proved to be groovy for Instagram users who chat regularly. It’s easy for users to use the web client to respond to messages during work as compared to open their phones again and again.
Like WhatsApp Web, the users can receive or send messages, reply, unsend and more. However, you can’t send live images, start a voice/video call through the web client as similar to the WhatsApp web.
Tips and tricks to make your Instagram live video an instant hit
Below some steps to receive and send DMs through the Instagram desktop client:
- Move to instagram.com in your web browser.
- You will need to log in to your account there, by signing in with Facebook or by entering the account details.
- The web interface makes an appearance similar to a stretched version of the mobile app, once you logged in.
- On the top right corner, a lot of buttons you will see there to access different parts of the interface. Choose the DM option similar to the paper plane.
- It reveals the DM interface, you can start chat there or maintain ones you previously have.