A man from Ohio filed a lawsuit against Apple who claimed that his three weeks old iPhone XS Max exploded, caught fire in his trouser.
Josh Hillard from Ohio reported that he felt a large amount of heat and a strange smell coming out of his iPhone XS Max. Just a few moments later his phone started to emit yellow and green colored smoke.
Hillard told to iDropnews.com that
Left no other option, I had to exit the room since there was a female in the break room with me and remove my pants. I ran to the boardroom where I got my shoes and pants off as fast as possible. A VP of our company put the fire out with a fire extinguisher because he heard me yelling,
Furthermore, he added that
Once the phone was extinguished, I was left with a hole in my pants, fire extinguisher on my pants/shoes, and some pain/irritation in my buttocks region where the pocket of my pants was located,
Moreover, he said that he contacted Apple support to report this iPhone Xs Max explode issue. They said they will offer him a new phone, but Hillard is planning to take legal action against Apple.
I was given no other option and was told that nothing could be done for me in store if they could not keep the damaged phone. I asked about my clothing and they told me that they could make no promises until the phone was captured. I left one hour before the store closed and unsatisfied with the customer service in store, I took back the damaged phone and returned home. He further said.
This iPhone XS Max explode incident came days after an iPhone X exploded while upgrading to an iOS 12.1 update. At that time Apple quickly responded and called it not expected behavior.
This may be the first case of iPhone XS Max explode but smartphones catching fire or overheating is not a new thing. Not a long time passed, when Samsung had to end the production of Samsung Galaxy Note 7 after multiple caught fire incidents reported worldwide. There have been reports against major brands’ phone catching fire e.g. Xiaomi, Motorola.
One of the major reason behind phones’ explode is believed to be faulty lithium-ion batteries used in most of the smartphones. A break or bend in the battery cells causes an internal circuit where minute metal particles come in contact with battery cells which leads to short circuits. When this incident happened with Samsung they said that the battery was too big for phone’s case which caused it overheating.
Samsung had explained at that time
A short circuit within the battery may occur when there is damage to the separator that allows the positive and negative electrodes to meet within the jellyroll
Get real time update about this post categories directly on your device, subscribe now.