Technology is causing massive changes and now in education too. Innovations transform classrooms giving them a new look and functions, eliminate current barriers in the learning process across the globe and make it easier and more effective. In addition to online education and such gadgets as e-readers, laptops, and smartphones that every student already has, there emerge such trends as Blockchain, Virtual Reality, and Artificial Intelligence that educators can greatly benefit from. In this article, we described the main ways how they can help promote and speed up the process of learning.
Top tech advancements in education
Here are some key trends in education and useful technologies to be used soon:
- Virtual Reality. Using VR, students can dive into a 3D world where they can increase the knowledge area by understanding complex subjects and theories, use their imagination, have game-based practices, improve memory by connecting with feelings, and have an active experience rather than just passive information. It includes global traveling in geography and time-machine adventure in history that activate contextualized learning processes;
- Artificial Intelligence. Probably the best technology for college students, AI gives educators an opportunity to personalize the learning process to meet the expectations of all students. This will be based on an individual`s level analysis which is especially helpful for students with special needs. AI will help teachers monitor the progress and make reports and also analyze, adapt and provide productive feedback for the curriculum and control the exam process from any location;
- Blockchain. This technology for student education puts an end to the paper-based system of certificates, automates the transfer of credits and facilitates the payment system with cryptocurrencies. It is also useful for intellectual property protection and is already integrated into a number of countries;
- Cloud computing. One of the common uses is e-learning programs, traditional academic courses, and resources available online. It is cheaper for colleges as they only pay for hosting and it boosts the collaborative work of lecturers, students and administration. In addition, cloud computing backs up information, improves productivity, filing, and access and allows confidential evaluation of students` performance;
- 3D printing. This technology allows students to study 3D models instead of content previously taught by books thus making the process more efficient. Now they can understand more complex subjects and develop prototypes themselves making the models real;
- Social media. In the era of the Internet, now everyone can easily find help in social networks and on forums with the question «Can you help me with my Math?» and other college-related topics. Educational institutions are not left behind as now colleges can be connected via social networking websites and thus organize contests, meetings, and parties and just discuss different questions and exchange ideas.
Below you can find some of the relatively new innovative developments in education:
- Smartpens that allow making notes digitally using smart software that is able to digitalize the hand-written text. They also are able to play the audio of this text;
- Technical backpacks that keep your tech devices safe and charged with the help of solar energy panels based on the front;
- E-textbooks that weigh and cost less and are easy to use;
- Smart lights that plug into the socket like a regular bulb and stream music from your device to the light`s speakers using Bluetooth. It becomes a great tool both for a home party and cozy evenings with such options as soft lightning, changing colors and music at the background;
- Virtual keyboards that use laser technology, function wireless and can be easily folded up and taken to any place to work on the go;
- Encrypted flash drives that require a code to access and make sure that absolutely no one can steal your dissertation. This is especially useful for those who tend to leave their flash drives connected to devices in public places;
- Noise-canceling headphones for music lovers perfect for the quiet zones and reliably protecting from the guy eating crispies. Now you can listen to your favorite songs anywhere and with any volume level. In addition, you can use them with another goal to maintain study concentration and not being distracted.
These are just some of the things we have due to technology development and there is much more to see in the coming years.