Apple has rolled out iOS 14.4 and iPadOS 14.4 for iPhone and iPad. It has launched many small but worth considering features while fixing some bugs of great concern.
A new Bluetooth feature has been included in the update, allowing users to classify the connected device type. When installed, on tapping the third-party Bluetooth accessory on the Settings page, users will see a new “Device Type.”
From there, you can select headphones, car stereo, hearing aid, speakers, or any other. It will provide more accurate volume notifications to the users.
Streamlining the procedure, the iPhone camera app is now capable of capturing smaller QR codes. Another new notification is found for the iPhone 12 range to warn users when their device cannot verify the camera is new and genuine. It would greatly be meant for those who have repaired their devices by third parties.
Here is checkra1n windows jailbreak tutorial.
With the update, some bugs get fixed for some troubling issues, such as a keyboard issue that stops the right language from appearing in the Messaging app. An issue like delayed typing and the Fitness widget, which fails to show activity data, gets also fixed with this update.
Here are the full iOS 14.4 release notes:
For your iPhone, iOS 14.4 includes the improvements as following:
- The camera can organize smaller QR codes.
- For correct identification of headphones for audio notifications, now there is an option to classify the type of Bluetooth device in the Settings menu.
- Notifications for the device’s camera when it is unable to be verified as a new and genuine Apple camera in iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Pro, iPhone 12 Mini, and iPhone 12 Pro Max.
Following issues have also been addressed in this update:
- When taken with iPhone 12 Pro, image artifacts could appear in HDR photos.
The fitness widget might fail to display updated Activity data.
- Typing delay and keyboard unable to show word suggestions
- In Messages, the keyboard might not be showing the correct language.
- From the News app in CarPlay, Audio stories may be unable to resume when paused for Siri or spoken directions.
- When enabling Switch Control in Accessibility, it may stop phone calls from being answered from the Lock Screen.
As usual, you can download the update over the air from the Settings > General > Software update. In an iPhone 12 Pro Max, the update size was about 350MB.