As we all know that WhatsApp has recently offered a WhatsApp feature that enables its users to recover their WhatsApp chat from iPhone to Samsung phone. You can further transfer all your account details, including group chats, individual chats, profile photos, media, chat history, and settings.
WhatsApp has declared this in its blog post and has further added that you can have to do the transfer during the initial setup of your new Samsung device. Here in this article, we will tell you more about how a user can move WhatsApp chat from iPhone to Samsung phone.
What you have to move WhatsApp chat history from iPhone to a Samsung phone
If you are one of them who want to transfer chat history from an iPhone to a Samsung phone, first of all, you should be using WhatsApp iOS version 184.108.40.206 or a greater version. On the other hand, the Samsung users must be on Android version 220.127.116.11 or greater version on their latest devices.
Moreover, the transfer happens through a USB-C to Lightning cable. That’s why you are going to need one of those as well to migrate your chat history. You further will need to utilize the same smartphone number on the new device, just like the old device. Samsung users have to ensure that they are utilizing SmartSwitch app version 18.104.22.168 or greater.
Apart from this, this feature is accessible on any Samsung device that runs Android 10 or higher. According to WhatsApp,
“your new Android device must be factory new or reset to factory settings” to permit the migration.
Here’s how to migrate WhatsApp chats from Apple iPhone to Samsung
Follow the steps to migrate WhatsApp chats from Apple iPhone to Samsung.
- First of all, turn on your Samsung phone and connect it by cable to your iPhone after being prompted.
- Then, you will need to follow the Samsung Smart Switch experience. After it is prompted, you will need to scan the QR code shown on the new device utilizing the iPhone’s camera.
- Next, you will have to tap on your iPhone and wait for some sec for the process to end.
- Then, continue setting up your new Samsung.
- Afterwards, when you reach the home screen, open WhatsApp and log in utilizing the same phone number utilized on your device.
- Then, tap on import when prompted, and permit the process to complete. Afterwards, you will have to finish activating your new phone, and you will see your WhatsApp chats next.
According to WhatsApp, your previous device will still have your data except you select to clean it or delete WhatsApp. The company further added that all your private messages are going to get shifted. However, the peer to peer payment messages is not going to be moved.
According to reports, the company said that the call history wouldn’t move from an iPhone to a Samsung device. Additionally, WhatsApp has affirmed that the feature is going to be soon accessible on further Android devices.